Boko Haram insurgency will soon end- GEJ


President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday assured Nigeriasn that the Boko Haram insurgency will soon come to an end. He also stated that his administration will continue to strengthen security infrastructure, with a view to putting an end to the activities of the terrorists.



Jonathan stated this when he hosted a conglomerate of Igbo market and town union leaders in Lagos under the auspices of Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria (TAN) led by Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah and Arthur Ezeh, at the State House in Marina. 

“Talking about the unfortunate bomb incident in Kano yesterday (Friday) which formed the reason I couldn’t attend the creative art event in Lagos. I believe some of you were there. It was when we got to the State House here in the afternoon that we got the information. 

“I just want to tell Nigerians that this phase will surely pass. This intimidation will not last. We will continue to improve on the technology needed to combat terrorism. This intimidation will soon end, I can assure you. Other countries which faced terrorism later defeated it, we shall overcome also”, Jonathan said. 

He also thanked the Igbo leaders who represented the 158 recognised markets as well as many town unions in Lagos for vowing to deliver all Igbo votes to him during the 2015 Presidential election. 

“I don’t know how to thank Igbos. I don’t know how to thank my brothers and sisters from the South-east. After serving this country, I will have to go and read literature and study all classical literary works by Chinua Achebe and others to be able to learn how to describe and thank my brothers from Igbo”, he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The real meaning of "X" in Xmas

10th year Remembrance of Chief Sir Ben Ejidike (Ọnwa)