A man , Stanley Jegede , said to be the caretaker of house 35 , Adegboyega Street , Akesan in Igando , Lagos , has been arrested by the police for allowing his giant dogs tear the skull of the child of a tenant , Mr. Omoniho
During the incident that happened at about 5. 46 pm on Thursday, four year - old Omoniho Isaac Abraham narrowly escaped death , as the dogs pulled out his skull .
Omoniho is currently on admission at the
intensive care section of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital ( LASUTH) , Ikeja , Lagos . The two elder brothers to the victim whose ages range between seven and 12 years were also injured as they jumped from upstairs to evade the dogs’ attack. Daily Independent investigation revealed that Jegede and his two dogs had been arrested and detained at the Igando Police Station.
Narrating the incident to Daily Independent at the LASUTH premises on Monday , Abraham, father of the children, said that his wife went to buy some things for the children, and that shortly after she left , the children came downstairs with their bicycles to ride.
But unknown to them , the two giant dogs belonging to the landlord’s brother ( Stanley Jegede ) were not chained .
“Immediately they came down,  the two dogs chased on them . They ran back up stairs , but the dogs chased them up the stairs and attacked the little one who couldn't jump off the rail like his elder ones did. They (the elder brothers of Issac who were 12 and 7 years old) sustained fracture injury on the legs. The dogs pounced on the four year old boy, tore his skull and battered his face”.
Sympathizes who were helpless had to call in the police . The father to the victims said "I wasn't around, no one could go in for fear of attack by the dogs, until my wife rushed back after she received a distress call"
“Nobody could go in, including the police, but my wife had to summon courage and defy the dogs' barking and threat to go in and saw her son in the pool of his own blood and unconscious. She carried him and rushed out of the compound and then, was accompanied by the passive police men to Igando general hospital from where they were referred to LASUTH. Issac and siblings are responding to treatment.


Popular posts from this blog

An Ozubulu Drug baron has been nabbed.

10th year Remembrance of Chief Sir Ben Ejidike (Ọnwa)